This is a blog by and for the members of the Druid tribe, ‘Grove of the Summer Stars’, based in Pukerua Bay, on the sunny Kapiti coast, near Wellington, New Zealand.
The Grove meets to celebrate Spirit in Nature and celebrate the turning of the Wheel of the Year in Aotearoa, New Zealand by holding Festivals appropriate to the seasons approximately every six weeks. These are the two Solstices (Winter and Summer), the two Equinoxes (Spring and Autumn) and the four Quarter Festivals – Imbolc, Beltane, Lughnasadh (when we hold a Camp) and Samhain. These Festivals are open to all who wish to connect with the land and Her tides and times.
The Grove of the Summer Stars is part of the international group, the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids (OBOD). For more information about OBOD, visit http://www.druidry.org/
This blog is moderated based on the following principles:
1. Privacy – some grove members are comfortable discussing their beliefs with strangers or work colleagues, others are not.
We ask that you respect all grove members privacy, and only use members’ first names.
– Offensive or violent language
– Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability,
– Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
– Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other
– Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an
– Commercial solicitations or the promotion of a competitor